How to Get a Hold Removed
To remove a Math hold you must take or have taken the Math Placement Exam (MPE). If you have not taken this exam, you can find information and preparation materials on the Math Department’s website.
Once you have your MPE results, refer to the Class Schedule in your RAMweb account to select the appropriate Math course(s) to satisfy the requirement. If you are not sure which course is the right one for your major, please consult with your advisor/academic support coordinator or refer to your Degree Progress Audit found in RAMweb.
To have the hold removed and be registered for the selected Math course(s), you will need to contact the Registrar’s Office after taking the MPE, using your CSU email address, at email@example.com, by phone at (970) 491-4860, or in person at Centennial Hall.
- You must complete the required math course during the term that the hold was in effect.
- If a student drops or withdraws from the math course(s), they will be re-registered for the course(s) and assigned a grade of “F” and a math hold will be placed against the student’s registration for the next term.
If you have documented extenuating circumstances for why you cannot complete the Mathematics requirement during the term the hold has been placed for, you can submit a 60-Credit Mathematics Appeal to request the hold be removed for one term.
To remove a Composition Hold, select the appropriate composition course from the Class Schedule found in RAMweb, and contact the Registrar’s Office by using your CSU email address at firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling (970) 491-4860, or in person at Centennial Hall to register for the course. When emailing, please include your name and CSU ID number and remember to use your CSU email.
- You must complete the required composition course during the term for which the hold was in effect.
- A student who drops or withdraws from the composition course will be assigned a grade of “F” and re-registered for the course, and a composition hold will be placed against their registration for the next term.
If you have documented extenuating circumstances for why you cannot complete Composition during the term the hold has been placed for, you can submit a 60-Credit Composition Appeal to request the hold be removed for one term.
All Other Holds:
To have holds other than Math or Composition removed, you will need to call the phone number listed next to the hold (this information can be found on RamWeb). Please note that your advisor cannot remove holds.
Need To Know Info
All students have a unique registration date and time. You can find your registration date in RamWeb in two different areas:
- Your designated time will show when you complete Registration Ready.
- Use the Registration Access Date/Time link under the Registration section.
Waitlisting a Class
You may get on a Registration Waitlist when you attempt to register for a section that is full.
When you receive a Registration Add Error stating ‘Full-‘x’ on Waitlist’, select ‘Waitlist’ from the dropdown menu under Action. If there is no space available on the waitlist for that section, you will not have the option to ‘Waitlist’ and the Registration Add Error will indicate ‘Full-Waitlist Full’.
When a student’s cumulative grade point average (GPA) falls below a 2.0, the student is placed on Probation 1. Students on academic probation have two semesters to raise their cumulative GPA to a 2.0 or higher. If students fail to raise their GPA to a 2.0 after two semesters on probation they will be academically dismissed. To learn more, visit the Undeclared Student Advising website.