How Do I...

Declare my major?

Declare a minor?

Get my advising code?

Find my registration date?

Run a degree progress audit (DARS)?

Get waitlisted for a class?

Check on my academic holds?

Learn about academic probation?

Learn about academic leave?

Learn about academic dismissal?

To Schedule An Appointment:

Call 970-491-3117 or Stop By Clark C207

The main office is open Monday - Friday from 7:45 am - 4:45 pm during the fall and spring semesters and Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 3:30 pm during the summer semester.

Visit RamWeb to Register for Your Classes

Academic Holds

How to Get a Hold Removed

Math Holds

To remove a Math hold you must take or have taken the Math Placement Exam (MPE). If you have not taken this exam, you can find information and preparation materials on the Math Department’s website.

Once you have your MPE results, refer to the Class Schedule in your RAMweb account to select the appropriate Math course(s) to satisfy the requirement. If you are not sure which course is the right one for your major, please consult with your advisor/academic support coordinator or refer to your Degree Progress Audit found in RAMweb.

To have the hold removed and be registered for the selected Math course(s), you will need to contact the Registrar’s Office after taking the MPE, using your CSU email address, at, by phone at (970) 491-4860, or in person at Centennial Hall.

  • You must complete the required math course during the term that the hold was in effect.
  • If a student drops or withdraws from the math course(s), they will be re-registered for the course(s) and assigned a grade of “F” and a math hold will be placed against the student’s registration for the next term.

If you have documented extenuating circumstances for why you cannot complete the Mathematics requirement during the term the hold has been placed for, you can submit a 60-Credit Mathematics Appeal to request the hold be removed for one term.

Composition Holds

To remove a Composition Hold, select the appropriate composition course from the Class Schedule found in RAMweb, and contact the Registrar’s Office by using your CSU email address at, by calling (970) 491-4860, or in person at Centennial Hall to register for the course. When emailing, please include your name and CSU ID number and remember to use your CSU email.

  • You must complete the required composition course during the term for which the hold was in effect.
  • A student who drops or withdraws from the composition course will be assigned a grade of “F” and re-registered for the course, and a composition hold will be placed against their registration for the next term.

If you have documented extenuating circumstances for why you cannot complete Composition during the term the hold has been placed for, you can submit a 60-Credit Composition Appeal to request the hold be removed for one term.

All Other Holds:

To have holds other than Math or Composition removed, you will need to call the phone number listed next to the hold (this information can be found on RamWeb). Please note that your advisor cannot remove holds.

How Do I Declare My Major?

To declare any of the majors in the College of Liberal Arts, please call 970-491-3117 for assistance. Please leave a voicemail if there is no answer. We will be calling students back between 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday.

How Do I Declare My Minor?

To declare a minor, you will contact the minor department directly. Academic Success Coordinators in the College of Liberal Arts cannot declare minors or advise for minors for you.

Depending on your major, a minor may or not be required to complete your degree. Please check with your advisor if you are unsure whether or not your major requires a minor.

Advising Code

This is a 6 digit number that is required to register for a particular semester. You will obtain your advising code when you meet with your advisor to discuss your registration for the upcoming semester. View your Registration Ready on RamWeb to determine whether or not you have an advising code. Most freshmen and sophomores, as well as students on probation, will have advising codes. Depending on your major, you may have an advising code if you are a junior or senior.

For College of Liberal Arts students, to obtain your advising code, please call (970) 491-3117 to make an appointment with your advisor.

Need To Know Info

Registration Date

All students have a unique registration date and time. You can find your registration date in RamWeb in two different areas:

  • Your designated time will show when you complete Registration Ready.
  • Use the Registration Access Date/Time link under the Registration section.

Waitlisting a Class

You may get on a Registration Waitlist when you attempt to register for a section that is full.

When you receive a Registration Add Error stating ‘Full-‘x’ on Waitlist’, select ‘Waitlist’ from the dropdown menu under Action. If there is no space available on the waitlist for that section, you will not have the option to ‘Waitlist’ and the Registration Add Error will indicate ‘Full-Waitlist Full’.


When a student’s cumulative grade point average (GPA) falls below a 2.0, the student is placed on Probation 1. Students on academic probation have two semesters to raise their cumulative GPA to a 2.0 or higher. If students fail to raise their GPA to a 2.0 after two semesters on probation they will be academically dismissed. To learn more, visit the Undeclared Student Advising website.


Planned Leave allows undergraduate students to take a one-time, one-semester leave from CSU. To learn more, please visit the Registar's Office website.


To learn more about academic dismissal (including the appeal process), please visit the Collaborative for Student Achievement website.

The Degree Progress Audit

Allows students to interactively plan their coursework in a semester by semester basis

How to Run a DARS

  1. From the RamWeb home page, select the “Menu” dropdown in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
  2. From the Menu dropdown, select “Academic Planning and Progress”.
  3. On this new page, select “Degree Progress Audit (DARS)”.
  4. Select “Request Audit”.
  5. Click on "Run Declared Program" or "Select a Different Program"